School lockers need to come in different sizes and configurations to suit the pupils at different key stages. So with that in mind we have lockers to suit all school age groups, with safe and robust designs suitable for KS1 upwards. The lockers we promote to schools have strong frames and doors for the demands of day to day use in a school. They feature no sharp corners that could be a hazard to small children. Each locker can be nested to eradicate the risk of the locker toppling over. They can also be secured to a wall for added security and peace of mind.
School lockers designed for educational environments
When talking to teachers or caretakers about lockers for their school, we offer the following guidance to make sure you choose the right type:
- Calculate the total number of compartments required; 2, 3 and 4 door school lockers are most popular choices
- Consider the size of the compartments; will they fit rucksacks, sports bags, coats etc
- Survey the premises to establish lockers could be dry and free from moisture
- Consider a suitable locking mechanism; a key operated lock or padlock fitting are popular choices for schools, as well as key-less options for younger pupils
- Allow enough time for production and installation of your school lockers
- Consider ordering extra spare components to replace damaged parts and maintain your lockers
- Nests of lockers can be ordered for a more cost effective storage solution for your school
We offer the most common lock types for use with in schools. The most popular locking option is just the swivel catch - usually for use in combination with a padlock. With out a padlock, these swivel catches are an ideal turn handle for small children's hands. Easy to turn, open and close, making them ideal.
School lockers of yesterday tended to have the same old boring blue or grey metal painted doors. But not ours - even our blue and grey options are easy on the eye. All of ours are available in a large array of colours to help bright your corridors and storage areas. Take a look at one of our school locker ranges we have for sale and check out the possibilities. If your order is of large enough quantity, we can produce your new lockers in a paint finish to match your school colours.
Some of our lockers suitable for schools have in-built anti-bacterial agents that work within the paint finish. These help stop the spread of germs in the school by actively killing off any bacteria that comes in to contact with the locker finish.
Lockers for Primary Schools
For the smaller children in schools, especially Early Years, KS1 & 2, we have what we call 'Primary School Lockers'. These are specially designed school lockers that are just over 1.3m high and easier for small children to use and reach their compartments. They still have the same robust features and main spec as our standard lockers so there's no worry of a compromise anywhere. We can even come out to your primary school and help plan your storage space.Locker experts at Workplace Products are always happy to help!
Our locker ranges are quite straight forward to select and configure. If you would like some specialist help on your large project, then contact us and speak to one of our locker experts. We also offer a free site survey and quotation service, so why not get in touch today. We've love to hear from you and discuss your school locker requirements.