Our range of hazardous COSHH cabinets, cupboards and chests all meet CoSHH regulations. To provide a safe and secure way to store hazardous substances. On a day-to-day basis, many of us will use substances that can be hazardous to our health. Hazardous substances such as: bleach, cleaning products, oils and paints are common. Regulations state to store these harmful substances in a secure cupboard or cabinet. To help protect our health and the surrounding areas. So, what can you do to ensure you do not break any laws?, and how do you comply with all legal CoSHH regulations?
The answer is clear, and obvious in our range of COSHH cupboards and cabinets. Our selection of hazardous storage cabinets includes a range of colours and sizes. To cater to all working environments. Whether you are in a school, office, laboratory or distribution warehouse. Ensuring that you have the correct safety measures in place is vital . As this helps to meet CoSHH regulations. Each cabinet comes with clear identification labels. As well as an appropriate powder coated finish. The colour of the finish is specific to the nature of the products kept in the hazardous cupboard. Furthermore This highlights the risk category of the hazardous cabinets contents.
In addition to having a reliable hazardous storage solution. It is crucial that employers also conduct regular health and safety reviews. This will help identify any new or extra risks in the workplace.
WHAT DOES COSHH MEAN?
The term COSHH is an abbreviation. It stands for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health. In short, CoSHH is a government regulation. But it requires employers to control exposure to hazardous materials. To prevent risks upon the health of their employees and the public.
To find out more about why CoSHH is so important, visit the HSE website.
COSHH CUPBOARDS FOR HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES
Our CoSHH cupboards adhere to legal regulations. These include EN 12501-1 and A2-s2. They provide a safe and secure storage unit for your hazardous substances. Our range of hazardous storage cabinets are ideal for harmful substances. This is due to a Spill-retaining galvanised shelves. They direct any spills and leaks to the integrated liquid tight sump. This means that any potential harmful leaks pose a reduced health and safety risk. Our hazardous storage cupboards also have an optional floor stand. Our floor stands raise the height of the CoSHH cupboard by 500mm. Thus enhancing accessibility. If a floor cabinet is not what you are looking for, do not worry. Our hazardous storage range also includes a wall cupboard. Which comes complete with pre-drilled holes for wall mounting.
Premium Justrite CoSHH Cabinets
In need of something with enhanced safety features? Our Justrite CoSHH cabinets are a premium range of hazardous storage cupboards. Boasting a unique design, they provide an extra secure storage solution. To further protect your hazardous chemicals from any potential risks. These include fire and theft.
Justrite cabinets differ from other because they:
• Exceed the requirements of HSG51, 2015. (HSE Storage of Flammable Liquids in Containers, 3rd Edition)
• Meet the requirements of HSG140, 2015. (HSE Safe Use and Handling of Flammable Liquids, 2nd Edition)
• 10 minute fire tested at up to 1,300°C (independent testing)
• Internal temperature during fire test kept below the auto ignition temperature of vast majority of flammable liquids
• Can help justify storage of more volume of flammable liquids than HSG51 would normally allow
• Fully load tested
• Self-closing models have fusible links that close the doors at 74°C
• FM approved
• Keep dangerous liquids organised and segregated
For more information please see the product descriptions or contact our sales team. Doing so will help you identify which product you require to help improve the safety of your workplace.
The safe storage of flammable substances is a must under CoSHH regulations. So, what happens when these flammable chemicals pose an extra threat of combustion? Well, this is where our flammable liquid cabinets help. Made with the sole purpose of proving a safe storage unit for flammable substances. For this reason our fireproof cabinets will not let you down. Complete with a Fire Classification (EN 13051-1). These cabinets have been subject to rigorous tests. These tests are very demanding. This is necessary for ensuring that they are a safe and secure flammable cabinet in the event of a fire.
Like our CoSHH cabinets, these flammable storage cabinets include essential features. With adjustable spill-retaining shelves and an integral sump. This ensure that any spills or leakages of flammable liquids within the cabinet. Will be safely retained within the flammable cupboard.
Chemical Storage Floor Chests
Within our storage for hazardous substances. We also have a range of chemical floor chests, which are ideal for heavy duty use. Used in warehouses, construction sites and factories. These floor chests are for the most demanding environments. Manufactured from 2mm-3mm steel. These robust chemical chests offer up to 30 minutes of fire resistance. Plus have forklift sleeves, which are for easy transportation of the floor chest.
HOW DO I PROPERLY USE & CARE FOR MY HAZARDOUS CUPBOARD?
The proper use and care of your CoSHH cupboard is very important, yet very simple. So we have compiled a list of 5 ways to keep your CoSHH cabinet in great condition.
1. Containment - It is easy to forget and leave chemicals out of the CoSHH unit. But, this is where accidents happen. So, once you have finished with the chemicals, put them back in the CoSHH cupboard.
2. Clean spills up - Any harmful substances will collect in the liquid tight sump. This is at the base of the hazardous storage cabinet. Yet it is important to clean up these spills as a priority. Which will reduce the build-up of harmful liquids, thus reducing risks to health.
3. Ventilation / Placement - Make sure your CoSHH cabinet is in a well ventilated are. As well as sitting on a levelled floor.
4. Resist temptation - We are frequently asked "Can we nest cabinets together?" Although this is very tempting to save space. It is a bad idea as it will reduce the fire retardant of the cabinet. Plus negate FM approval of our Justrite cabinets.
5. Check your cabinet - It is important to check your cabinet is operational. This includes checking the doors close and that the latch and lock works. Therefore will ensure safety and security.