Our range of hazardous COSHH cabinets, cupboards and chests all adhere to CoSHH regulations to provide a safe and secure way to store hazardous substances. On a day-to-day basis, many of us will use substances that are deemed hazardous to our health. Hazardous substances such as; bleach, cleaning products, oils and paints are frequently used in a variety of working environments. Under CoSHH regulations to protect our health and the surrounding area, these chemicals should be stored in a contained environment. So, what can you do to ensure you don't break any laws & comply with all legal regulations.
The answer is found within our range of COSHH cupboards and cabinets. Within our vast selection of hazardous storage cabinets, we have included a multitude of colours and sizes to cater to all working environments. Whether you're a school, office, laboratory or a one man band. Ensuring that you have the correct safety measurements in place is vital. Each cabinet comes with clear identification labels as well the correct powder coat paint finish to easily identify the contents within the hazardous cabinet. However, in addition to decent hazardous storage solutions. As an employer, there should be regular checks to the health hazards around your workplace. This will help identify any potential risks and improve the overall health and safety.
To find out more about why CoSHH is so important, visit the HSE website.
CoSHH Cabinets FOR HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES
All of our CoSHH cupboards adhere to legal regulations to provide a safe and secure storage unit. What makes our range of hazardous storage cabinets ideal for the storage of harmful substances is hidden within the cabinet. Included within all CoSHH cabinets are spill-retaining galvanised shelves which direct spills and leaks to an liquid tight sump. So, any potential harmful leaks won't cause further health and safety risks. Additionally, our hazardous storage cupboards can be purchased with an optional stand which will raise the CoSHH cupboard 500mm of the ground. Not forgetting, within our range we also include a wall cupboard that comes with pre-drilled holes for mounting.
Premium Justrite CoSHH Cabinets
Our Justrite CoSHH cabinets are a premium range of hazardous storage cabinets. With a unique design, they provide a secure storage solution to protect hazardous chemical from a potential fire.
Here are just some of the product features that make this range stand out:
- Exceed the requirements of HSG51, 2015 (HSE Storage of Flammable Liquids in Containers, 3rd Edition)
- Meets the requirements of HSG140, 2015 (HSE Safe Use and Handling of Flammable Liquids, 2nd Edition)
- 10 minute fire tested at up to 1,300 degrees C (independent testing)
- Internal temperature during fire test kept below the auto ignition temperature of vast majority of flammable liquids
- Can help justify storage of more volume of flammable liquids than HSG51 would normally allow
- Fully load tested
- Self-closing models have fusible links that close the doors at 74 degrees C
- 10 year limited warranty
- FM approved
- Keep dangerous liquids safely organised and segregated
For more info read the product descriptions to understand how they can vastly improve your workplace safety.
Storing hazardous chemicals in a safe environment is a must under CoSHH regulations. So, what happens when these chemicals pose an extra threat of flammability. Well, this is where our flammable liquid cabinets come into play. Manufactured with the sole purpose of proving a safe storage unit for flammable substances, these cabinets won't let you down. With a Fire Classification (EN 13051-1) these cabinets have been put through rigours tests to ensure that they pose as an secure flammable cabinet in the case of a fire.
Just like our CoSHH cabinets, these flammable storage cabinets include essential features. With a adjustable spill-retaining shelves and a intergral sump, if any flammable liquids were to spill or leak, these hazardous substances will be retained within the flammable cupboard.
Chemical Storage floor Chests
Within our storage for hazardous substances. We have included a range of chemical floor chests, which are ideal for heavy duty use. Commonly used in warehouses, construction sites and factories these floor chests are ideal for demanding environments. Manufactured from 2mm-3mm steel, these robust chemical chest offer up to 30 minutes of fire resistance. Additionally, within the design of the floor chest they include forklift sleeves which is ideal for transportation.
What does COSHH mean?
The term COSHH stands for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulation. It simply means that these regulation require employers to control exposure to hazardous materials to prevent health risks.
How do I care for my CoSHH Cabinet?
Caring for your CoSHH cupboard is extremely important, yet simple to do so. So, here is a list of 5 ways to keep your CoSHH cabinet in great condition.
- Containment - It's easy to forget and leave chemicals outside of the CoSHH unit. However, this is where accidents happen! So, once you've finished with the chemicals pop them back in. It's that simple!
- Clean spills up quickly - Any harmful substances will be collected in the liquid tight sump at the base of the hazardous storage cabinet. However it's important to clean up these spills ASAP to ensure there is no build-up of harmful liquids.
- Ventilation / Placement - Make sure your CoSHH cabinet is in a well ventilated area whilst being on a levelled floor.
- Resist temptation - We get asked "Can we nest cabinets together". Although this is highly tempting, this is a bad idea as it will reduce the fire retardant and negate FM approval of our Justrite cabinets.
- Check your cabinet - It's vital to regularly check your cabinet is fully operational. Check doors close properly and the latch works to ensure maximum safety.